Comment on page
Perennial is a DeFi-native derivatives primitive that allows for the creation of two-sided markets that trade exposure to an underlying price feed in a capital efficient manner. Learn more about the protocol here.
Perennial features a number of design decisions to keep it simple, modular and capital efficient:
- USD Collateral - Trades settled in USD, not volatile cryptocurrencies, this simplifies the protocol mechanism and improves resilience.
- High Leverage - Positions up to 50x are possible with the Perennial protocol.
- Position Netting - Trades are matched against each other to ensure the protocol is capital efficient & that maker positions can cover larger trades.
- Maker Vaults - Makers can LP directly with the protocol or use a Vault. This simplifies LP for users unfamiliar with providing liquidity.
- Permissionless — Permissionless market creation, integration, and composability.
Perennial has the option to apply a protocol level fee. However, at the moment the fee is 0 and there are no plans to increase it in the foreseeable future.
At this time, Perennial doesn't have plans to release a token.